Have you ever noticed that everybody is expecting from you, to be "on topic" ? At job, at home, shopping or walking in a park ... you have to be "on topic". Never get bored about that? I know I am! Have you ever tried to let your imagination to romp or to do unnecessary things?! Look at me! Maybe I will draw something which nobody will see it. It's important? Nope. Important is the nice feeling I had drawing it. The same is this blog. Why should I follow patterns and post only "very inteligent things" (but extremly boring if you ask me) and not to post whatever I find exciting for me?! Pleasure and fun can come also from insignifiant things. Follow me and you will find out how funny is to be off topic!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Interesting Facts

Never before in history has so much information been available to us. Like we don't already have enough to do. Here are some very interesting, sometimes amazing facts to add to your overloaded brain.

Mute Swan is the heaviest flying bird.

Residents of the northeastern U.S. observed a blue sun and a blue moon, caused by forest fires in British Columbia.



Melbourne (VIC) has the dubious honour of being Australia's least sunny capital with an average of 5.7 hours of sunshine each day.

Yuma in Arizona (USA) is the sunniest place in the world.

In Australia, Darwin (NT) is the sunniest capital with an average of 8.5 hours a day.

A typical flash of folk lightning lasts for about 0.2 seconds.

At any particular time, there are approximately 1,800 thunderstorms occurring in the Earth's atmosphere.

The largest piece of ice to fall to earth was an ice block 6 meters (20 ft) across that fell in Scotland on 13 August 1849.

The largest hailstone recorded fell on 14 April 1986 in Bangladesh weighing 1kg (2.25lbs).

The hailstorm reportedly killed 92 people.

The largest snowflakes in the world fell across Fort Keogh in Montana (USA) on 28 January 1887.

0 comments:

Post a Comment